Monday, February 8, 2010

tactileaesthetics.blogspot.com has been "flagged"

tactileaesthetics.blogspot.com has been "flagged". "The Flag button allows the blogging community as a whole to identify content considered objectionable"(GOOGLE definition of objectionable: "unpleasant, offensive, or repugnant"). To say the least I was surprised! What was objectionable? Was it the 35000 year old Venus? Was it Brancusi's Princess X? Was it "Phallos"(the phallus being a symbol in the worlds oldest religion)? Was it Courbet's "Origine de Monde"(I thought we worked that one out long ago!) Was it Lucien Freud's painting of Sue Tilly because he opted out of the idealizing tendencies of much of the history of Western art? Was it that I mentioned the name Harriman(Averell Harriman was an officer at the Brown bros. Bank which gave financing to Hitler, something I myself recently found out)? Was it simply that I suggested "pleasure arises from sensation"? Is it that art, to be art, has to be "correct"? This would mean that we would have to "flag" the Academia in Venice, the Guggenheim Foundation in Venice, The Uffizi in Florence, MOMA in New York, the Louvre in Paris, the History of Art!
Well, now I must decide if I go on posting on this blog. It was suggested to me that I delete certain questionable images.

No comments:

Post a Comment